For those working with an injury or managing a health condition, yoga therapy sessions serve your self-healing and help you do yoga safely. If you are facing health challenges, therapeutic, personalized yoga classes can help you manage your condition, reduce your symptoms and enhance your quality of life.
As a yoga therapist, I adapt our private yoga sessions to your specific needs. From basic back care to stress reduction, I will customize the lessons to manage and alleviate pain and suffering while building a healthy lifestyle. With commitment to your practice you’ll be able to reclaim and maintain your physical health and mental well-being and feel more connected to yourself and others.
Private, Duet and Small Group Classes
Classes are customized to address your most important needs. You will receive the highest quality attention. Leadership and self-motivation have always been qualities of mine. I am known for my inspiring commitment to my community. Some of the populations I have worked with the most include baby-boomers, cancer survivors, those with disabilities, people with chronic pain and/or a history of trauma.
All Classes Include:
- Assessment of mental and physical health history
- Lessons in the comfort of your own home or at a studio in your area
- A personalized class handout reminding you of how to do the poses safely and effectively (example handout)
- Email support from me after your session to answer any questions that come up and assist with next steps
Solo Classes Also Include:
- One FREE phone consultation is available before your first appointment.
- Initial appointment includes a FREE 30 minutes.
- Total lesson time is 1.5 hours. (Subsequent lessons are typically one hour each.)
Benefits of Meditation
- Build neuro-plasticisty, neuro-repair, and neuro-protection
- Feel more relaxed and content
- Improve your anxiety and depression
- Find more mental clarity
- Scientifically proven to alleviate stress, trauma, and chronic pain
- Develop enhanced feelings of love, compassion, contentment, and equanimity
What I Offer
My meditation teachings range from guided visualizations, loving-kindness (metta), mindfulness exercises and more. Each of these styles of meditation has its own merits. No matter what your preferences are I tailor the classes to fit the personal needs of you or your group. If you don't know where you want to start, contact me, and we can figure it out together. Lessons are typically one hour each. They include some conversation as well as guided meditation.